, cuz I'm sheep, I guess.
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Lorenzo. He had been my high school crush/obsession for the first three years. I ached
for that boy. He never noticed. Until he inexplicably did. Our senior year, we had the Winter Ball, not Prom, and it was a Sadie Hawkins deal. He had been hinting for weeks for me to ask him, and I finally did and he said yes and it was the chastest night ever
. You know, considering he was a veteran of a uniform-wearing Catholic middle school. A kiss on the back of my hand. That’s it. You would have thought I’d have gotten a bit more considering how much I spent on that taffeta and lace nightmare I wore (it was 1989). Oh well.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
I keep changing my mind on who qualified as my first love. But I suppose it’s moot since whoever I decide was my first love, the answer would be no. One is lost to time and the other is dead.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Horrible but I don’t remember. Beer, no doubt. Or Jack Daniels, considering it was my father’s go-to drink.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Under the table first job when I was fourteen was cashier at a small time market owned by a Chinese family. One of the managers groped me when I reached into a display fridge for a soda. It’s about all I remember of that job. My official first job was a federal deal, I worked at a hunting facility on Army grounds, sold hunting and fishing licenses, rented camping equipment, answered phones. As exciting as it sounds, I’m afraid.
5. What was your FIRST car?
I don’t remember the make or model but it belonged to my great-grandmother and was a rust colored hatchback.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
My husband. A grocery list with a long list of add-ons.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher, tell us about them?
Ms. Unger. She wore gouchos and long boots with wooden heels. She was perfectly coiffed and had coffee breath all the time
. I was new to the States and probably looked very much like the immigrant I felt like and I got the sense she didn’t like me much.
It was mutual.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST airplane ride?
I was born in Thailand to an American father in the Army and a Thai mother. We lived in Thailand, Germany and the United States before I was six years old. I don’t remember my first airplane ride, but I’m fairly sure it was a long one.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Her name was Veronica and she moved away sometime during fifth grade. No, we don’t talk anymore and haven’t since she moved away. Despite the fact that she came back a couple of times.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
My best friend’s house when I was a freshman in high school.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
My friend from high school asked me to be her maid of honor (I’ve done that duty twice so far) less than two years out of high school. I wore the ghastliest dress with a pattern a lampshade would have envied. They’re divorced now.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Shake off the inappropriate dream I had, get up and get in the shower.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
16. FIRST tattoo?
Don’t have any, but I’ve thought about getting one a soccer mom would be proud to sport – my kids first initials intertwined on the inside of my wrist.
17. FIRST piercing?
I am way too tame to pierce a body part.
18. FIRST foreign country you went to?
The one I was born in, Thailand. Then Germany. Then the States.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
In the theater? Either Boyz in the Hood or Bram Stoker’s Dracula. My father didn’t really believe in taking his kids to the movies so I had to wait until I was grown up and did it myself.
20. When was your FIRST detention?
I never had detention because I was always that good girl that never got in trouble.
22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Never had a roommate unless you count my brother.
23. If you had one wish. What would it be?
I have a lot of wishes, the first of which is the continued health and happiness of my little monsters.
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
Latin. Sword fighting. Karate. Fighting with a staff – because you never know when that shit will come in handy. How to turn a little money into a lot of money.
25. Did you marry the FIRST person to ask for your hand in marriage?
Yes…was that bad?
26. What was the first sport that you were involved in?
I didn’t get involved with sports without it being a requirement of PE first so none, I guess.
27. What were the first lessons you ever took?
Never had lessons in anything growing up.
28. What is the first thing you do when you get home?
Drop my grocery bags on the kitchen table while at the same time praying that the kitchen table is clean.
29. Who do you think will be the next person to post this?
Not a clue but I’m hoping a couple of my flist will.